Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

"Jurassic Park"

Hello to my family that is both awesome and cool! So I legit felt like this week we were living in the jungle... Not only do we sing the Jurassic park theme song everywhere we go because our area looks like the movie set, but I also caught a huge frog, many lizards, and had a pretty gnarly scropion in the house! How rad is that? The only animal we were really missing, besides squids and all of their greatness, was a snake! I am sure I will be able to find one, too. I have also secretly been hunting for the Brazilian Wandering spider, one of the most dangerous in the world, but I don´t think Pres would be too stoked on me if I had to go home because I was flirting with danger. Thats what Mom did before she got married. Hahahahaha Get it? Oh happy Valentines day also!
   

We had a pretty solid week here though in beautiful Viçpsa Brazil. But still not the week we wanted. It is getting really hard to work here in Brasil right now because it is Carnival season.... Pretty much it will be four days of sin in the streets.... Wow. I don´t think that is a very good missionary environment if you ask me. We have already gotten our instructions for what to do for those four days and it pretty much is, listen to the Spirit. If we feel like we can work, then we can go work but we should be home before * usually because after that things just get wild. The other thing is, the main party for Carnival will legit be right in front of our house.... It is going to be a rough few days of sleep that is for sure. But even with all of this, we are still doing good work here and will more than likely have another baptism this Saturday... Woot!! But honestly work-wise this week was just normal. My comp got sick for a day so we had to stay close to home just in case he had more problem,s but we were able to find some good solid people close. 
   

We also had just some funny things happen during the week. Last P-day we went to go play soccer with Anderson and the boys and they didn´t have a ball. So I of course went and bought one for them and so I could use it in the morning for exercises. I paid about 25 bucks for a good ball and within the first ten minutes of playing real socer with it.... it popped. I was so frustrated. That is one thing really kinda of frustrating about Brasil. Everything here is super expensive, but not super good quality. But it ended up being a good joke for the week, but I am still a little bummed about it. 


Also this week, I had to give another talk in church. But I felt a lot better about this one. It really felt like what I was saying was flowing and just that I was remembering all the rules and grammatics of the language. I spoke on faith and I really think it went well. I just spent the majority of my time reading from Alma 32 but there really are so many other good scriptures on faith. The scriptures are siiiiiick.
   

That about sums everything up though. Sounds like ya´ll had another good week. Ry I am stoked about you wanting to stay at Snow. Even though I didn´t live there, that is where I spent the majority of my time. Just always leave your door open when you are in the room and you will make so many friends it is ridiculous. The only thing I have to say about Ian is I hope he gets an Army haircut soon cause he looks like a Super Sayan in the picture you sent me. Haha OH Snap! Mom... You should for sure, with out a doubt, ask to learn how to cook coxinha. It will literally change the lives of our family I believe. Oh get this, there is a restuarant here called "Tia-bel" And they sell coxinha for only one Real... Tia-bel... T-bell, for sure a tender mercy. Well have another awesome week and be sure to go hit the slopes sometime soon. That is funny you guys were golfing in February... I thought only Brazilians could do that. Well I love you all so much and I know you are all doing great things right now. Have a super week and stay sweet....


Elder Big Deal.


P.S. There is a member here in Viçosa who really wants my Ipod. He talks to me almost every other day to see if we can make a deal for it.... So wild

No comments:

Post a Comment