Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

"Europe"

Yeah, that pretty much describes this past week. Just kinda out of the blue we had all of our investigators/potential baptisms fall through so this week was a lot of tracking and contacting. Which in all honesty isn´t that bad, but it does get pretty repetitive after awhile. I know I shouldn´t say anything like that though cause I have no idea what it means to tract for like 6 hours a day like those crazy missionaries who serve in Europe. But we did have one pretty cool thing happen because of it. We contacted this Italian/Brazilian family!! The dad has the coolest Italian accent when he speaks and it just got me thinking about Elder Miller and Elder Mendel. But what else made it cool is the family was very receptive to the message and they're going to start coming to teach with us... Hopefully.
 
That is kinda of the problem here -- no one comes to church... It is super sad because really going to church and partaking of the Sacrament really makes your week so much more fulfilling, but if people never go to church... they never experience that and then they have no reason to go to church. So that is what I am struggling with right now is how to teach people how to have a desire to go to church. We do have a lot of our recent-converts going still which is good. We gave some ties and white button up shirts to Anderson and his brother so they can feel more comfortable in church and it was really funny trying to teach them how to tie ties. Those two are my favorite people ever... We are going to be hanging out with them today after e-mail time and I am honestly just stoked.
  

Other than that the week was pretty normal. I had some really good studies this week and I am loving the BOM. What makes me stoked though is I am exactly with Mom in her reading. I am in 2 Nephi right now as well and so every week I get to hear Mom's in-depth study of what I just read and it just makes it all the better. I honestly love 2 Nephi though, probably my favorite book in the BOM. Yesh, the Isaiah chapters are rough, but there is so much good doctrine in 2 Nephi. So rad! I think my favorite chapter is 34 though.... I always share the scripture about "Feasting on the words of Christ" after lunches with people and I have this little lesson that goes along with it. Also, while talking about the BOM, I would invite you all to read the talk from Elder Holland in the November 2008 Ensign "Safety for The Soul". Easily one of the most powerful testimonies of the BOM I have ever heard.
   

That pretty much sums it up... Sounds like nothing exciting happened at home...... beside the fact I AM GOING TO BE AN UNCLE TO A BABY GIRL GUZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you tell I am excited? Not gonna lie, I was thinking about that all throughout the week and I am so happy right now. A little baby girl Guzy... So adorable already ah! Mom and Ian, I loved the pics you both sent me this week. I was legit just laughing at the computer. I am pretty sure Brazilians think I am nuts cause I do that a lot but, I can´t help it, you guys are so stinkin funny. Also Dad talking about the word "mingling" Hahaha best times ever making Mom embarrassed during church. 


Well I hope you all have another fantastic week and I will be praying for you all of course. Ry, I hoped you loved USU... Still my favorite place in the word even though I love Brazil. Parents when you go up there, feel free to stop by the Admissions Office and ask for some help or a tour and they will hook you up. Have a great week :)

Elder Squid


P.S. My comp and I have been singing " They´re taking the Hobbits to Isingard" all week.... Youtube it, I dare you. And the pics are of high class Brazilian security and coxinha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment