Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

"Zone Conference"

Hello to my family that I love a lot... Like really, I love you all.. a lot! Hahaha. So this past week was a pretty awesome week spiritually but work wise... difficult. But either way it was still another solid week here in little ViƧosa Brasil.
   

We had Zone Conference this week which was so awesome because it seems like it has been forever since I have seen Prez and a lot of the missionaries. We went into MaceiĆ³ Tuesday night and stayed at our ZL house which was a blast because my one of the ZL´s, Elder Guth, is one of my favorite missionaries here in the mission. He is from Alaska and is going home after this transfer but I have already told him to be on the look out for Elder Hartman up there. I also convinced him that Utah State is the best place ever and he has plans for going there...WOOT!! But we just hung out there that night and ended up sleeping outside under the stars, because they have a backyard and it was so rad! I just stayed up pondering life and things and just had a great time thinking.
   

Zone Conference was great, we had a lot of really great teaching and it is always fun to hear the arriving and leaving testimonies of missionaries. It honestly seems like I was just giving mine. I am sure you all know but, usually at Zone Conference they have two missionaries give little 5 minute talks on something.... Yeah it was mine turn this time. I was honestly fine with speaking, but the thing that made it difficult was my DL forgot to tell us what the topic was. He told me five minutes before that the topic was going to be on working hard, but that I had a really low chance of speaking so I shouldn´t worry. I worried. I just knew from the second I heard missionaries had to give a talk that I was going to be giving one. It turned out really great and went pretty smooth. I talked about how Paul(?) baptized 3,000 and we can do the same if we have the faith to work hard every day even when it seems like no one is listening to us. Don´t worry I made some good jokes too. :) All in all it was a good ZC and got me really excited to go out and start working again. The only thing that stunk was I lost my little clip on tag... It must have fallen off in the taxi because we couldn´t find it anywhere. I still have my other tag though so it´s all good.
   

The work here this week was frustrating.... We found some really awesome new people and a new family which was great but NO ONE came to church. We literally got up early on Sunday so we could make sure we could pass every investigator's house and we only had one person even open the door. Ugh... I was furious I am not gonna lie. This has just been our problem here for a while now, no one has a drive to come to church and I just don´t know how to create that desire in them. It feels like we have tried everything but nothing seems to be working. I know it will all work out though in time and there is a reason for everything, it is just hard to see it sometimes ya know? But I will keep doing my part and I know, in time, the Lord will do His. He has to. It is promised in the scriptures time and time again.
   

That pretty much sums it up besides the fact I have sworn off English. I am seriously in love with Portuguese and I want to be a Brazilian so bad... Mom, are you sure I wasn´t born here? Ryley, I think you made a smart choice to live in Morgan because it really is right next to Snow but a lot cheaper. I don´t know if they did the renovations of it though but if they did, Morgan Hall should be awesome. You will love it I promise. Ummm box wise mom, no I don´t have A Marvelous Work and a Wonder, so I would love that and also, if possible, Great Apostasy and Articles of Faith by Talmage... That about wraps things all up but thank you all for your e-mails and Danger I will be sure to do a little study this week for you and see what I can come up with, deal? :) Have an awesome week everyone and be safe! Love you :)
   

Elder Squid 

P.S. They have these coconut cookies/crackers here that are amazing and I am sure no pics this week because I forgot my SD card... Oops :(

No comments:

Post a Comment