Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Working on having shifty eyes....

Oi tudo bem?!
   That is pretty much the most common greeting in Portuguese and I love it! Things are going great here I am really starting to get lost in the work, cause there is so much of it, but I love it anyway. I honestly cannot get over how I have the oppurtunity to feel the Spirit everywhere I go, it is super addicting.
    The language is coming along well. I am learning all of the concepts really well I just struggle with actually applying them while talking which I am sure will come with time and faith but I am just frustrated that I don't have it perfect yet but I'll have to get over that haha. My teachers help a lot and now that it is just down to myself and Elder Gabel, who is pretty much exactly like Chris Brown, I am sure I will be able to learn a lot better.
   The rest of my district left today which was kinda of hard because we really just started getting really close with each other and working well with each other. And the fact that they are lucky enough to go to Brasil is hard too, but I will get there when the Lord needs me to be and I just need to have faith in Him and keep working my hardest and I know the blessings will come. The two elders that just left were amazing missionaries. My old comp, Elder Peterson looked a lot like Elder Miller so it kinda sketched me out a bit but it was all good. Elder Peterson and I would love to have discussions about the Gospel and rules cause we had different opinions on things and they were so fun, we would break out the BOM to try to prove our points it was just fun to do cause we both like to argue. Elder Page also left and he was from Lehi Utah and a total redneck but probably has one of the strongest testimonies I have ever heard and he was such an example to me and I know he is going to be one of those missionaries everyone wants to work with. The two sisters in my district, Sister Nelson and Sister Thompson are absolutely golden and kept us in line a lot which was good. We actually had the chance to give them blessings last night and I gave my first blessing ever to Sister Nelson and that was an absolutely awesome exprience. But since they all left it will now just be Elder Gabel and I in the district which is fine with me but if one of us gets a visa before the other does I have no idea how that will work out. But I am now officially the only missionary in the MTC who is going to Maceio or even knows anything about it. I have yet to meet someone who has been there. I call it the mystery mission and only mysterious people get to go there so I better start working on having shifty eyes...
   Visa wise.... Uh. You guys more then likely won't hear anything before I do. What happens is when it comes they will just call me to the travel office to let me know that I have it and will give me my flight plans there and will most likely ship out the Tuesday after I get it. So every time the intercom beeps Elder Gabel and I look to the heavens in hope that it will say our name. It said Elder Cashing Smith the other day and I just about lost it. Who else has a name like mine?!
   It sounds like the family is just as busy as ever. I am excited for the oppurtunity Trent and Eliza have and I am sure he is going to love it up there. That just means Tanner and Ian have to be the new Halo players in the family for awhile. Ryley, I heard you are doing soccer workouts again and that is awesome. I have never told you this but I would kill to have the chance you have but then again... you are a better player then I. Did I just say that out loud? You better save this e-mail. Ian, Ondra is pretty much the coolest person I have ever met and every time we talk it just hits me how true the Church really is. He was excited he got a letter from you and wants you to come to a TRC if you can. Danger I am glad your first talk went well. Did you give Bishop Tingey a call out about how when he spoke in our ward it was so boring the lights had to go out? Haha oh snap. Happy Fathers Day as well this week. I have made the call that June should just be known as "Danger Month" I think that would be pretty cool. Mom you sound just as busy as ever and I know that is how you love things so I am sure you are as happy as can be right now. I already know camp this year is going to be great because of the effort you put into it and you never do anything only "pretty good." If I could get the name and website of the blog that would be nice so I can give it to my teachers and friends when I leave here.
   Well I am pretty sure that is about it on my side of things. I am good food wise for awhile, Elder Page left a lot of things behind but I will let you know. I am getting a lot of mail which is great. "Flynn" Alan Nielson wrote me and  I about wet myself. He is going to be a great missionary.  We haven't had anyone too wild come and speak to us yet but I spread the rumor every week that "The Monsoon" is hitting the MTC, haha memories. Well I love you all so much and I can't listen to "Families Can Be Together Forever" without almost thinking about crying, it is like I love you guys... weird. But stay happy and stay positive and know that there is nowhere I would rather be, besides Brazil, right now. I love you all once again.

Elder Big Deal

No comments:

Post a Comment