Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

"The Turtle Club......"

So I have found something out this week that is really starting to change my language skills. Do you remember how our family is awesome and how we like to sit around the dinner table and quote movies? And one of those movies just happens to be Master of Disguise. I love mimicking that movie and I learned that mimicking people is one of the best ways to learn. It has seriously already started to make such a big difference in how I am speaking and teaching. But it just makes me laugh because it really is such a ridiculous thing. "Have you ever seen a sharks eyes cheify?? Kinda like a dolls eyes.... all black and lifeless like... " Hahahaha oh the memories.

It was another pretty solid week here in beautiful Viçosa, yesh I am sending pics this week too. We didn´t end up having a baptism this week though which is a bummer but our zone has already hit and passed our baptism goal for the month so we are going to start working even a little bit more to try and really set a standard. But it was really frustrating this week because we had... 4 potencial baptisms but they all fell through because of the same reason.... Parents! Like I have been talking about a lot in my last few e-mails, the youth here are awesome and they are doing a lot of good work but all of a sudden the parents of all our investigators just went super stone cold against us and they don´t even want us talking to them anymore. It just breaks my heart though cause these teenagers really do have some of the most solid testimonies I have seen here in Brazil but they are getting denied the opportunity to be baptized because of other peoples' views.... So sad. Yesh, of course it is very important to listen to our parents and we need to respect their opinions and decisions but at the same time... parents shouldn´t deny their children the amazing blessing they can receive in the Church. Pretty bummed, but it is all good. We well keep working and hopefully the Lord will touch their hearts soon.
  

Also this week I had another really good study about prayer. I have been obsessed with prayer lately and I am just barely starting to understand how powerful it really is. But I was reading in PMG this week about prayer and it said something interesting. It said to pray and ask Heavenly Father for what blessings you need, because He knows your needs better then you. I can honestly say I have never thought of it like that. But it is really starting to change my prayers as well. I am starting to really get more focused on what the Spirit is telling me I need, instead of what I think I need. Just a fun fact.
  

I am not sure what else to really talk about.... feel free to ask more questions about what cha´ll wanna know. That was great to hear about Aaron and his talk. Too bad he didn´t put powder in his scriptures and blame Kreggers for playing too much golf hahahaha. Thanks Trent and Eliza ;) And you guys went to Brian Reagan?! That is not fair..... Low blow.... It sounds like you all had a rad time though. I can just imagine Danger just crackin up the whole time.... "Who left the green light on?" Hahaha 


Well, once again I hope you all have another great week and everything goes smoothly for all. I am super excited for Tan and Brik and also for Ryley. I had a dream about USU last night actually.... So rad there. Well I love you all a lot and it may not seem like it but I do miss you all a lot as well :) Have a super week!


Elder Big Deal

P.S. There was a random parade this week for all the motorists and so everyone in the city who has a car, truck, or motorcycle drove through the city just honking theirs horns like crazy... It made it really hard to make contacts but it was really funny to watch at the same time. Oh and the pictures are just of the city here

No comments:

Post a Comment