Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

"Wedding bells"

Before I get started on talking about one of the busiest weeks of my life I just need to say one thing: Mom and Danger be ready for when I get back and go bowling. Don´t forget I took not one, but TWO bowling classes in COLLEGE! Yeah... Talk about getting a real education right there. You may have your glory days for now but they are numbered :p Hahahah I love our family traditions so much :)
"Hey I just met you and this is crazy, but here's my number, baptize me maybe?"
  
So this week was off the wall busy. I don´t even know where to start. We had everything from baptismal interviews, interviews w/ Pres., and to top it all off... a wedding!! I guess I will start with the wedding. They are a couple who was referred to us from some members in the ward who are their neighbors and the referral family is awesome. It is a mom, a dad, and a son that is 11 years old. We taught them the first lesson my first week here in the area and they accepted the baptismal date and a wedding date. I honestly have no idea how we were so blessed with the wedding date because we had no idea how we were even going to help them with that until one of the other elders in our district called me and said there was a free wedding day this past Saturday. We told the family about it Thursday night and it shocked them a little bit, but we just helped to show them that is was a blessing that the date showed up at the time and that they really were ready to get married.
  
The actual wedding was wild. I have never really seen the whole civil part of a wedding and to me... it looks kinda like a mess, but that is just me. We had to get to the court house really early and there was a really big line and we thought,  "great there goes the rest of our day", but it turns out the mom in the family is pregnant and whammo! straight to the front of the line. People who say babies aren´t blessing are crazy! They filled out all the paperwork and then were told they had to be back at 3 o´clock for the actual wedding ceremony which also was so fun. They had a cake and some cool old guy playing acoustic love songs and it was just a good time. It was pretty interesting just being surrounded by tons (80 couples got married that day) of happy, in love couples and me just chillin there.... It is all good though. Now we just have to help them to get baptized... HOORAY! The only bummer is that... they didn´t go to church yesterday. Yep not even gonna talk about it....
   
Interviews with Pres. Gonzaga were also this week and that is always a good time. He really is one of my best friends. We just tell jokes for most of the interview and just laugh. Of course we have a spiritual par,t but it is nice to know that I have a real relationship with him not just president and missionary. We talked about what has changed with me during my mission and what I am going to be taking back with me to the U.S. that I learned here in Brasil. I wanna take the whole country with me, but I don´t think it will fit on the plane.... Lame sauce.
   
I hope you guys like the pictures I am sending. They are just of the wedding and the family. Sounds like you guys are just having a rough rough time back there in Utah without me... I don´t know how you guys survive with all these friends and parties and laughter. Someone has to do it right? I love you all so much and I loved the missionary opportunities you had during this past week. Be excited for General Conference this week and go out to eat somewhere delicious, deal? I love you!! Stay sweet....




Elder Big Deal

No comments:

Post a Comment