Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

"Never going back again"


Well, well, well. Looks like the Guzy family had a rough week just chillin in Powell eh? I don´t know how all you guys survived with that much play time! Hahaha. It sounded like a rockin trip and I am sure you guys had a blast. I have never been to Powell so I wouldn´t know but..... I am sure you all had fun. I am more jealous about the fact that the 3rd Danger Day in the Park is coming up.... I am dying to be at that just because I have only been to one.
    
This week was a pretty interesting week. It was the last week of the transfer and we were all set to work super hard to finish the transfer out strong but I guess someone else had plans for us. Now this will probably sound worse than it was but.... that is okay. Things were going great until Wednesday night when I started feeling a little sick to my stomach. I didn´t think too much about it because I thought it was just gas and I went to sleep. Then I woke up at like 4:30 the next morning just ridiculously sick and throwing up and all that good stuff and couldn´t get back to sleep. I must have eaten something bad but we don´t know what because all the other guys in the house at the same things I did. So I spent the whole morning throwing up and all that stuff and then because of that I got dehydrated and couldn´t even keep water down... Mom you should remember this situation. I ended up going to the hospital and getting like 3 IVs and just having to kick it there for awhile until I was good to go. It really wasn´t as bad as it probably sounds but at the same time it wasn´t the best thing in the world. The one place I never wanted to go on my mission was the hospital. I just don´t like hospitals in general and here in Brasil it just seems more sketchy. My plan is to never go back to one. I am all good now though and am feeling much better. We did end up teaching a lesson though while we were in the hospital. It was fun because I was all tubed up and there was another guy next to me and we just started talking and we ended up teaching him a bit. There is always a way to teach... Always.
    
Other stuff that happened this week were transfers. The only change that affected us is that Elder Gage, the one who knows Linds, is leaving. It is a bummer to see him go, but I am sure I will see him later. Also we had one of our investigators hide from us this week when we tried to teach her again. She legit hide behind a light post in the street and told her daughter to tell us that she wasn´t at home. She ended up stepping out too early and we saw her and she got all embarrassed.... Just tell me you're not interested, it makes things so much easier!! Also, I have been thinking about my mission in Oregon a lot this week. My two favorite missionaries from there are going home tomorrow and I have been reading about my time there in my journal and it just makes me laugh. Time is going by so fast. I loved that mission so much and I really just wanna go back and visit the people there. I don´t know why I loved it so much..... I just did. I hope the work there is still going strong and they are baptizing a lot.
   
That pretty much sums it all up here on my side of things. I hope you all have another great week and everything you guys have planned goes smoothly. Ry, I am still just so happy for you and I can´t wait to hear about your time at the best place in the world. I hope you all like the pics I am finally sending. You can´t really see how short my hair is in the one picture and I will let you guess on how I got the other one :) Have a great week, I love you, and Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment