Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

"Open Game........."

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am an uncle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahaha I am so happy I can´t even explain it! She looks adorable in the pictures and I wouldn´t lie, I am dying to be there with you all! Ah I am so happy! This week is just perfect already! :) :)I am so happy everything went smoothly and everyone is here and healthy. I don´t even no what else to say about the situation... I am just happy. That is all you need to know :)
  

This past week here was pretty wild for me as well. I got transferred wayyy down to the other state of our mission and I am now a district leader. I am down in the city of Aracaju, the capital of the state of Sergipe. It is right under Alagoas so it should be pretty easy to find on the map. I am already liking it here a lot and my new companion, Elder Mattos from Rio Grande do Sul, is super cool. He just got finished being trained and is a really good at teaching. We will do really good work here once we find out where our investigators live because we are opening the area. That was the challenge for this week. I have never opened an area before and I had no idea how to get started. Luckily the members here are super missionary focused and were out walking with us and showing us the ropes. I am excited for this next week ahead because we will actually be able to work and not just wander in the streets lost, like we did last week. 
   

Our house he is really cool here as well. I need to get some pics of it for you guys but it is pretty spacious and we live with the LZ´s as well which is fun. One of them is a good friend of mine and was my district leader awhile back so he is going to give me some pointers on how to teach district meetings well and all that dubstep. ( I put dubstep cause I really don´t like jazz too much). We did have a bit of excitement here this weekend because it was São João here. It is pretty much just like the Fourth of July but more wild cause the fireworks don´t go in the air they go into the streets and everyone has big bonfires out in front of their houses. It was actually really cool looking, but I didn´t get any pics of it because we had to go in early because it is dangerous because of the fireworks. But it was still really cool to see and it really made me miss campfires up in the mountains. Mmmmhhmm mountains.
   

Church here is also interesting cause it starts at 3:00 in the afternoon. Yeah it eats up our Sunday, but it makes it a little easier to bring people to church I hope. It did throw me off a bit though. I will try to get a picture of the chapel here and send it to you guys. It is huge and there is a nice fresh soccer court in front of it. :) We also have a sand court in front of our house and we go and kick the ball around in the morning for work out time. Such a tender mercy. 
   

I think that sums everything up though... I am still just freaking out that I have a niece now. I can´t stop thinking about her.... and how she doesn´t have a name :p I guess I will just have one more surprise waiting for me next week. I hope everything goes well this week and we all continue to be so grateful for all the blessings we have in our lives. I know this church and gospel are true. And this new Little girl Guzy is just one more testimony of that to me. I am so happy we have a loving Heavenly Father who trusts us enough with His other children. I miss you all but like always.... Stay sweet.

Elder Big Uncle ( In Portuguese the word for big uncle is "Tiuzão" so rad!

No comments:

Post a Comment